Evelyn Ruskin was an outstanding JA volunteer.
In 1970, Mrs. Ruskin implemented the first public relations and awareness program to promote the benefits of volunteer involvement in JA; her profound dedication to JA was demonstrated in her goal of bringing JA awareness to the corporate and business communities across Canada.
Over a number of years, she guided and instructed Junior Achievers to encourage them to present themselves and the organization professionally.
This award, given by Evelyn's family in her name, was established to ensure that the benefits and relevance of JA are at the forefront of the business and industry sectors in Canada.
Award Value: $1,000 CDN
Application Package Requirements
- A 1-page overview and an online presentation in PDF, Word, Google Doc, or PowerPoint format on the topic: Junior Achievement challenges you to come up with an engaging presentation to help their Charters recruit students to the Company Program. Develop the presentation and a 1-page overview of why this presentation will attract new students to the JA Company Program.
- Completed online application form.
- 2 recommendation Letters; 1 from the JA Charter, 1 from a teacher or a community leader/JA volunteer/employer who is familiar with you.
- A résumé highlighting your best subjects, student activities, volunteer experience outside of school, club or church activities and hobbies.
Please note that where the application asks for a “Written Submission Link” you should put the link to your essay.
- All students enrolled in The Company Program (In School/After School Edition) or JA Titan for the 2020-2021 program year.
- The applicant must adhere to the rules and regulations concerning the award including the completion of all requested documentation in the application package requirements.
- The application form must be signed by the applicant and his/her parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 when the application package is submitted.
- The applicant does not need to be a graduating student.