For 20 years, Al Beech, as a JA Executive Committee member, was instrumental in identifying key volunteer executives to assist JA Canada; upon his untimely death in 1990, his family created a scholarship in his memory to honour an outstanding graduating Achiever and recognize his/her achievement in JA.
The award is presented to a graduating student who demonstrates the greatest advancement in personal development and increased achievement in a JA program.
Award Value: $2,000 CDN
Application Package Requirements
- Attach where instructed a 500-word essay (typed and double spaced) on the award topic: "Describe what you believe Junior Achievement has done to assist you in your personal development."
- Complete online application form
- Include 2 recommendation letters: 1 from a JA mentor/advisor and 1 from a teacher/employer with whom you are familiar.
- Include a résumé highlighting your best subjects, student activities, volunteer experience outside of school, club or church activities and hobbies.
Please note that where the application asks for a “Written Submission Link” you should put the link to your essay.
- All students enrolled in Company Program (In School & After School Edition) or JA TITAN for the 2019-2020 program year.
- The applicant must adhere to the rules and regulations concerning the award including the completion of all requested documentations in the application package requirements.
- The applicant must be graduating before June 30 of the current academic year and must be qualified upon graduating to enroll at an accredited college or university.
- The application form must be signed by the applicant and his/her parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 when the application package is submitted.