This award highlights a student’s achievement and commitment to utilize his/her voice to make a positive change and to better their community, the world, their future, and the future of the generations to come.
Application Package Requirements
- A 500-word typed essay in PDF, Word or Google Doc format on the topic: As an aspiring leader, you are committed to the ongoing pursuit of knowledge, demonstrate forward-thinking and promote actions necessary to achieve a vision of prosperity. You demonstrate social responsibility through observation, research and ongoing dialogue and are committed to pursuing a career which will further build Canada’s future economic and social prosperity.
- The editorial should also reflect how JA has inspired you to pursue further education and make a positive impact. Demonstrated how you would apply your skills to inspire future economic and social prosperity within your community.
- A 2-4 minute video, uploaded to YouTube and including JA Canada in the title and description; this video does not need to be professionally produced; no other format is eligible.
- Completed online application form.
- 2 recommendation letters; 1 from a JA staff, 1 from a parent, guardian, educator or a community leader.
- A résumé or portfolio that includes student activities, volunteer experience outside of school, extracurricular activities/hobbies and any leadership positions held In these activities.
Please note that where the application asks for a “Written Submission Link” you should put the link to your essay.
- Any Achiever in his/her final year of secondary school (Grade 12) that has participated In JA programs in the current or immediate past academic year
- The applicant must be attending a post-secondary Institution after high school graduation
- The applicant must adhere to the rules and regulations of the award Including the completion of all documents requested In the application package requirements