Mr. Seymour Schulich, a long time investor in Junior Achievement and a former Governor of Junior Achievement of Canada, created this scholarship to encourage the development of entrepreneurship in Canada.
The Award Recipient will be graduating from high school & entering into 1st year of college/university in the fall.
Award Value: $3,000 CDN
Application Package Requirements
- A 500-word typed essay in PDF, Word or Google Doc format on the topic: In the 21st Century entrepreneurial skills are seen as critical to the workplace. What are these skills and what advantage will you bring to the workplace if you hone these skills?
- Completed online application form.
- 2 recommendation letters; 1 from the local JA office, 1 from a teacher or a community leader/JA volunteer/employer who is familiar with you.
- A résumé highlighting your best subjects, student activities, volunteer experience outside of school, club or church activities and hobbies.
Please note that where the application asks for a “Written Submission Link” you should put the link to your essay.
- All students enrolled in Company Program (In School & After School Edition) or JA TITAN for the 2019-2020 program year.
- The applicant must adhere to the rules and regulations concerning the award including the completion of all requested documentation in the Application Package Requirements.
- The applicant must be graduating before June 30 of the current academic year and must be qualified upon graduating to enroll at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited college or university in the fall of 2020
- The application form must be signed by the applicant and his/her parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 when the application package is submitted.