Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
9:45 am - 1:30 pm
Columbus Club of St. Thomas,
265 Wellington Street, St. Thomas
** Bus stipend and lunch provided
Canadian youth are growing up in a time in which spending is easier than ever and debt is a way of life.
The JA Be Entrepreneurial program introduces Grade 9 -12 students to entrepreneurship and provides them with practical lessons to assist students as they envision and build upon their own entrepreneurial ideas.
In this interactive program students will:
· Gain access to local entrepreneurial role models and learn from their experiences
· Examine critical business processes such as how to decide on an innovative product or service to deliver
· Describe how businesses interact with the community and why entrepreneurs are essential to Canadian society and our economy
· Utilize key concepts like competitive advantage and target market
· Understand that detailed planning is necessary to start a successful business
· Develop an awareness of resources available to young entrepreneurs
By the end of the program, students will have a an understanding of how entrepreneurship could be a potential career option for them.
How We Achieve
JA graduates are 50% more likely to open a business.*
*The Boston Consulting Group (2011 report)