Community Outreach Coordinator (Summer Position)
If you love communicating and would enjoy spreading the word about an important asset to the community, researching opportunities and then making them happen, this could be the summer job for you! We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with great communication skills to join our team for the summer.
THE JOB OPPORTUNITY:
Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Length/Hours of Employment: 9 weeks, 30 hours/week, start date somewhat flexible
Age requirement: Between 15 and 30 years old
Location: Junior Achievement Building, 60 William Street South, Chatham
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for volunteer recruitment
- Develop outreach strategies for student recruitment
- Develop outreach strategies for teacher registration
- Identify relevant community events and coordinate participation in these events
- Coordinate online outreach activities, including social media and website updates
- Coordinate production and distribution of promotional campaign materials
- Actively reach out to community groups and organizations to explore partnership opportunities
- Contribute to communications, outreach, marketing, public relations and media relations activities as required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Additional Assets we’ll be looking out for:
- Background in Communications or Marketing (classes, a degree, a degree in progress, etc.)
- Social Media experience in a professional setting
- Experience with Volunteer Recruitment
- Basic design experience
- Drivers License and Access to vehicle
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23rd, 2019. Thank you!